“The Scientific Communication Platform is the foundation of a strong medical communications strategy for a pharmaceutical product or device, and serves as an important tool to align communications and messaging across functional areas. Even minor discrepancies in cited data and/or the way that data are described can lead to confusion and weaken a product’s overall value proposition. – MAPS1
What is a scientific communication strategy?
- A methodology which connects key aspects of life sciences organization’s communication – medical and scientific (research papers, abstracts) with other sources (marketing and promotional materials) to strategically elevate enterprise-level product communication
- A strategy that develops the foundation of communication (scientific literature, voice, data, assumptions & conclusions, risks and management approaches), planned audiences (public, private, investors, scientists, publications) and specific communication timelines for each product in the pipeline
- Creating a broader strategic communication plan grounded in current medical literature, treatment strategies, patient needs and a strong scientific discovery process
- A tool to help prevent organizations from delivering messages that conflict with medical literature and scientific evidence. It can also help identify contributions that organizations can make within their therapeutic fields
DO I NEED THIS?
- If you are a life sciences company or organization creating products that serve patients and medical needs (i.e., a biotech, medical device, or pharma company), then yes, scientific communications strategy is right for you
- You should consider a new strategy if your organization feels disjointed around the bridge between medical communication and marketing, or lacks resources to support the overall scientific communication process
WHAT SERVICES DOES MARIMAC PROVIDE?
- Our team of experienced senior level scientists will use their extensive expertise to create a scientific communication strategy specifically catered to your products and organization
- Our scientists will review the medical literature, identify your brand’s unique scientific audience, and develop an evidence-based plan
- Your team will receive a prioritized plan of communications targeting your scientific audience (publications, ad boards, conferences, and more)
- We then align the best current understanding of treatment patterns and patient needs to your organization’s strategic communication objectives
- The scientific communications strategy we create will help guide marketing initiatives, sales messaging, medical narratives, and provide other key communications components
- We help align all stakeholders behind your scientific communications strategy, further building confidence among all parties involved in your organization’s products – especially bridging medical, science and marketing
HOW DOES MY COMPANY BENEFIT?
- A sound scientific communications strategy will define what is communicated (data, evidence, risks), to whom, when, and how to deliver them in a way that maximizes impact
- You will have enterprise-level cohesion between departments that manage communication – medical, science and marketing – to best manage scientific papers, abstracts and promotional materials
- Your organization will realize new cost savings and efficiencies around your medical affairs functions, streamlining your business functions and reducing confusion
- This strategy helps you not only identify new scientific contributions, but also helps you publish and present new studies in your field
WHY WORK WITH MARIMAC?
- Our team has a deep understanding of communication needs across various functional pillars – medical, scientific and marketing – especially regarding the creation of cohesive processes which elevate enterprise-level medical strategies
- Our professionals are hand-selected for extensive pharma industry experience in leadership roles within Medical Affairs, CMO, CSO, scientific and research functions, and strong track record of performance and quality of work
- Add senior sci bullet (as #1)
How do I get started?